Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chapter 1 - Fall in Love

Capter 2 - Honeymoon phase 

Chapter 3 - Real is fun

Chapter 4 - Moving In!!!

October 29th I moved in with Josh into his place where he has lived for almost 10 years.  It has been a few weeks and people keep asking us "so how's it going?  how's moving in been?" ... I'm always at a loss on how to answer that, lol.  I'm like, well... we haven't yelled "ABORT!!" yet.  We work such different schedules that we aren't around each other all that much more so we are still getting along and the physical details of moving in are... a process.  *sigh... a process.  We both knew this and talked enough about it that we aren't freaking out yet.  Like I said, Josh has lived here for almost 10 years.  He has a lot of stuff and this has been "His" place for a very long time.  Now it's his place with some of my stuff.  I mean, he has been GREAT, don't get me wrong and he is ready to make changes, merge stuff and buy new things, etc., it's just not going to happen over night.  So for now we have a lot of crap, are not all that organized and never have days off together to really make any big decisions.  It's a process....

Did I mention that it's not as easy to prepare a cat and a dog for the "process"?  Actually they are doing remarkably well considering they didn't get any warning or pep talk to prepare.   And thankfully Sebastian has never minded dogs and Indie has nothing against cats.  That being said, Sebastian has still always been the King of his castle and moving into a new place with the owners of the new scents still inhabiting the new castle was not something he was super cool with at first.  He didn't pee on Josh thank god, but he did pee on Indie's bed, lol.  And only the one time so that's a good start.  He and Indie "play" in their own weird way and it's amusing to watch.

I've also learned that the outside knobs on the oven do not turn on the burners on the back of the stove after managing to explode a baked dish of cornbread :/   I thought I was heating up the tea kettle on the back burner and instead heated up the already cooked corn bread resting on the front burner.  The baking dish exploded, glass everywhere and obviously ruined my yummy cornbread.  I should rewrite a new version of "The Joys of Cooking"... it would be less informative for most people, but I think very helpful for people like me.  I think Jamie Walsh could also offer up plenty of stories for this book.

No comments: