Saturday, October 15, 2011


Early October my Mom flew me to Texas on a Friday morning so we could go see Dolly Parton together!!  We had some brisket as soon as I got off the plane, went home to get ready and then drove to Cedar Park to see Dolly.  I love her.  (My mom as well, but I was referring to Dolly just now)

She told stories in between her songs, sang some old favorites and some stuff off her new album as well as a few of her favorites like "stairway to heaven" and a few Beetles songs.  Such a fun and wonderfully sweet lady.  I was so happy to see her live with my Mom!  After the concert we met my dear friend Jennifer Bayless, who I've known since I was 21 from my Joe's Crab Shack days and being roommates for a year in Austin.  It was a beautiful and warm night so we sat on a patio at a restaurant and had a giant beer-rita.  Mmmm.  It was so great to see Jennifer!  It's been way too long :(

Saturday I knew I'd have a window of free time to meet Chandra for coffee as my Mom is not the fastest morning person.  She was still in bed when I left the house, lol.   Although very brief, we got to do a little catch up over breakfast and coffee, it was nice.

My Mom and I spent the day doing a little shopping and eating and went home to hang out that night.  I had to be at the airport at noon Sunday.  *sniff.  Short but still a very fun visit.

No comments: